RPS Literacy Coaches: Jennifer Connolly, Mary Ellen Dakin, Christine Gray, Nicole Lasala, Mariann Mehr, Maria Bianco, Sarah Hartnett, Nicole Cecere, Christine Ferrera, Michele Travalini Kelly
 This book contains mature themes, subject matter and/or language
Director of Humanities: Dr. Christina Porter
Director of Title One, Elementary Literacy, & Early Childhood: Tonia D’Eramo
*This book contains mature themes, subject matter and/or language.
- To promote unity in our schools, we have decided to go with "One City, One Theme” with the common theme for 2017 being “Out of many, one…”
- This list contains a variety of works on a variety of topics with a diversity of authors and characters. Our hope is that every student is able to find books that appeal to them.
- Grades 6-12 students are expected to read two books on his list. **They are welcome to read the recommended books for their grade level but are also welcome to read any/all books on the 6-12 list. Please note that one of the books has mature themes.
- Students are also welcome to read the books in their first language (if available).
- As with summer reading in the past, students are expected to purchase their own books. The books will be available at Barnes & Noble in Saugus and from Amazon.com. In addition, there may be limited copies available from the individual school libraries and Revere Public Library. Some of the elementary books are linked to an audio version of the book.