- We will also have used books and donated clothing for families to take home.
PARCC testing will begin on Thursday, April 28, and continue every day through Tuesday, May 31, with a different grade assigned to test each day.
Please use the link below to see our PARCC testing schedule. You can also use the 'PARCC calendar & info' tab at the top of our site to see the schedule and resources for PARCC.
- It is important that students to arrive to school on time and that they are not released early on their assigned testing days.
- Be sure that students go to bed early and get a restful sleep on the nights before they are assigned to test.
- It is important that students eat a healthy breakfast every day, and especially on testing days, to fuel their brain and to have the energy to remain focused.
- Students should feel confident that they will do well, as always the should work hard and do their best, and they should answer all of the questions on the test each day.
Each year the Garfield Elementary School takes time to host a PARCC Pep Rally for our students in anticipation of the start of PARCC testing for students in Grades 3, 4, and 5, and to inspire our students to ROCK THE TEST!
This year's PARCC Pep Rally was a singing and dancing extravagnza which included:
- Our Spelling Bee winners and Math League winners leading the school in the Pledge of Allegiance,
- Elaysia Lung singing the National Anthem,
- Our Pep Rally Dance Crew,
- Special recognition of those students who scored Level 5 on the 2015 PARCC ELA and Math assessment,
- Recognition of those students who have earned the highest Lexile levels and greatest Lexile gains on Achieve 3000,
- A song by the Glee Club,
- Motivatonal cheers by students in Kindergarten, Grade 1, and Grade 2,
- A whole-school dance routine, and
- Masters of Ceremony duties by Mr. Miller and Ms. Kostinden, music direction from Mrs. Keplin, and dance routines by Ms. Consolo
Join Mayor Brian Arrigo as his series of Community Forums continues in Ward 2 at the Garfield School cafeteria on May 18 from 6:00-7:30 pm.
Residents from across the City are encouraged to attend with any questions, comments or suggestions for the Mayor's Office.
The remaining Community Forum schedule is as follows. All events will be held at 6 PM.
- Ward 2 – May 18 – Garfield School Cafeteria
- Ward 3 – June 1 – Lincoln School Cafeteria
- Ward 4 – July 26 – American Legion Building
- Ward 5 – August 24 – Point of Pines Yacht Club
- Ward 6 – October 4 – Whelan School Auditorium
Join the City of Revere, Councillor Ira Novoselsky, and The Neighborhood Developers’ Revere Community Committee (RCC) as we continue the Beautify Revere Series with the Shirley Ave.
- Shines Campaign kick-off May 14th at 10:30 am
- Meet-Up Location: 139 Shirley Ave. Municipal Lot
- Clean-Up Areas: Shirley Ave. Business District, Municipal Parking Lot, Shirley Ave. Variety Store, Shirley Ave from Highland Street to 207 Shirley Avenue.
This is a collaborative effort between the City and TND to clean up public spaces in Ward 2 that were identified by the RCC as needing some neighborly love. Community members and supporters will help clean and beautify the neighborhood, every 2nd week of the month, starting in May and running through September. Clean-up tools and t-shirts will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own supplies.
Mid-Trimester Progress Reports for the third marking period will be sent home with students on Wednesday, May 4. Please sign the progress report and have your child return the signed progress report to their homeroom teacher on or before Monday, May 9.
Please note if your child's teacher has circled yes to request a parent meeting at this time. We welcome you to write comments on the back of the progress report for your child's teacher to read, and always if you have any questions or concerns please contact your child's teacher by phone or email.
Revere Food Week Mon. April 18 – Fri. April 22
for more information contact: Dimple Rana, from Revere on the Move, by emial firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 781.286.8176
Monday, April 18 – Family Movie Night (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) at the Bagel Bin from 5-8 pm. Free food for the first 40 people
Tuesday, April 19 – Family Movie Night at Antonella's from 5-8 pm. Free food for the first 40 people.
Wednesday, April 20 – Live Jazz Music by Kimba at Maekha Thai from 6-9 pm. Free food for the first 20 people. Pre-set menu for $14.95 available after the first 20 people.
Kids Eat Free (children under 12)
- Maekha Thai
- Airport Diner
- UNO's (with coupon)
- Anotonella's (Wed-Fri)
Free Tote Bags with the purchase of a healthy item at:
- Quick Food Store
- Super Convenience Store
- Wonderland Convenience Store
- Broadway Convenience Mart
- Anthony's Supermarket
- Olympia Market
- Safy's Market
- Maria's Miss
Free Raffle Tickets Prizes drawn at the end of the week and free tickets available with any purchase at
- The Good Diner
- Maekha Thai
- Airport Diner
- Monte Cristo
- Antonella's (Wed-Fri)