As the summer weeks come to an end it is time to start getting excited about the beginning of a new school year. Here is some important information for students and families about the start of the school year:
- Summer reading and math packets should be completed prior to our first day of school (see below for information about summer reading and math packets).
- All students must be in the School Uniform every day, beginning on the first day! Information about our uniform policy is on the school website. You may also contact the main office at the Garfield Elementary School with any questions.
- School will begin on Wednesday, August 29, for students in grades 1-5. This will be a full day of school.
- Early Childhood and Kindergarten students begin school on Wednesday, September 5. These students’ families will receive a separate letter with more information.
- The school hours for students in grades K-5 are 8:25 a.m. - 2:45 p.m. Students who are not in their classrooms by 8:25 a.m., will be marked tardy.
- Breakfast will be served every day from 8:05 - 8:20 a.m. for students in grades 1-5. Breakfast for Kindergarten students will be from 8:25 - 8:40 a.m. All students entering for breakfast will come in through the main doors.
- There will be no school on Friday, August 31, or Monday, September 3, in observance of Labor Day. School will resume on Tuesday, September 4.
- Meet the Teacher Night will be on Thursday, September 13. We hope that you will be able to make time to come and meet your child’s teacher(s), to hear about what they will be learning this year, and to find out how you can support your child’s progress from home. More details will be shared when school begins.
A successful partnership between home and school is the key to every child’s success. Please make sure to communicate with your child’s teachers throughout the year regarding classroom policies, procedures, and assignments.
Thank you in advance for a great school year, and as always, thank you for making education the number one priority in your family’s lives.
Summer Math - Fun in the Sun
Summer Math Packets
Click here for the Summer Math Packets.
Revere Reads Summer 2018
Reading List - Grades K-12
To promote unity in our schools, we have continued to go with "One City, One Theme” with the common theme for 2018 being “Out of many, one…”
Click here for Summer Reading Listinflormation.