Stranger Danger Resources:
National Crime Prevention Council: What to Teach Kids About Stranger Danger
Safety 4 Kids: http://www.safety4kids.com.au/safety-zone_stranger-danger
Student Login Screens
ST Math https://www.stmath.com/ (All K-5 Students have access)
FASTT Math http://rps-fmath.revere.mec.edu:55880 (All K-5 Students have access)
Footsteps to Brilliance http://footsteps2brilliance.org/ (Students K-2 have access)
Kid Biz 3000 Login Screen https://www.kidbiz3000.com/ (Students in Grades 3-5 have access)
Lexia Core 5 Student Login Screen http://www.lexiacore5.com (All Students K-5 have access)
Lexia is a phonics-based computer program that provides exercises in phonemic awareness, sound-symbol correspondence, word attack skills and comprehension skills while introducing nearly 2,000 vocabulary words.
Xtramath Student Login Screen https://www.xtramath.org (Students 1-5 have access)
Pearson SuccessNet https://www.pearsonsuccessnet.com/snpapp/login/login.jsp?showLoginPage=true (All Parents have access)
Powerschool Parent Portal http://sis.revere.mec.edu/public/home.html (Parents can access to view student grades)
Dance Mat Typing Practice http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing/ (Free typing practice program)
Internet4Classrooms Grade Level Practice http://www.internet4classrooms.com/grade_level_help.ht m (Free Grade Level Practice)
BBC Words and Pictures http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/wordsandpictures/index.shtml (Phonics Practice)
Click Here to View Ms. Paone's Website
FAQ About the School
How do I contact the school?
The office is open from Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The telephone number is 781-388-7510. The fax number is: 781-333-2074.
How do I get to the Whelan School?
The Whelan School is located at 107 Newhall Street, Revere, Massachusetts.
Why are you bugging me about attendance?
1. Attendance is mandatory. Students are required to be at school everyday. If they are absent more than seven (7) days, they fail the trimester.
2. We want your children to succeed and do well-we all do. For students to do well in school, they must be here! Please call the school if your child is going to be absent: 781-388-7510 and Press 1.
What can I do to help my child succeed at school?
1. Make sure he/she comes to school everyday.
2. Make sure your child is on time for school – late bell 7:55 AM (Students should be in their classrooms by 7:55 AM)
3. Schedule any appointments for your child after school hours. Dismissal during the school day interrupts his/her school routine and takes away from learning time.
4. Make sure his/her homework is being done everyday. Get them in a routine of doing their homework at the same time everyday.
5. Read with them everyday! This make a huge difference.
6. Spend time with them. Turn off the TV and play a game with them, go for a hike, do a project together. Give them lots of hugs and tell them you are proud of them.
7. Support your child’s teacher. We all want the same thing – let’s work together.
How do I find out about school events?
Keep updated with the Whelan School Twitter page: rps_whelan
Subscribe to Remind. For subscription information, see the Remind Tab above.
What is the information that I need to have messages text messaged to me? http://www.revereps.mec.edu/whelan/?page_id=454