MGH Revere School Based Health Center
Location: 1st floor –next to main nurses’ office
The MGH Revere School Based Health Center (SBHC) is a fully functioning health center located inside Revere High School. The purpose of School Based Health Centers is to provide care for students where they are, providing easy access, and keeping them healthy so they can perform well in school.
We offer a wide range of services for students only, which include:
- Sports physicals
- Sick visits
- Reproductive care (pregnancy/STI prevention, testing, counseling)
- Mental health services
- Nutrition counseling
- Acupuncture (1x/week for 6 weeks sessions)
- Assistance with substance abuse
- Referrals for other health services
Frequently asked Questions:
- Who can go to the School Based Health Center?
- The SBHC is open to any student who attends Revere High School. Students must obtain a pass from their teachers to come to the SBHC. We are a walk-in service, open during the school day.
- We are also open for an afterschool clinic that welcomes students from surrounding communities.
- How much does it cost?
- There is no cost to you to join the SBHC. Health services are billed to your insurance, if possible.
- How does a student become a part of the School Based Health Center?
- Students may walk-in, or make an appointment to request services. We will obtain a consent form from all students who utilize our services.
- What is special about the School Based Health Center?
- The SBHC provides confidential care and is sensitive to the special needs of teenagers.